Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

blood coming out of his nose

(18 Posts)
Lowryn Wed 16-Feb-05 16:00:25

sorry about the typing in advance...
ds, 9 months was jst pushed over, off his ride-on thingy by dd. I missed exactly what happened as I had just run in to grab rhe phone. he was lying on the patio screaming wit blood coming out of both nostrils. He has calmed down now and is demolishing a banana on my lap.
do i need to get him checked out? do you think it is just a bump to the nose.
god i could kick myself for leaving him out there

tarantula Wed 16-Feb-05 16:05:30

If it makes you feel beter take him to the docs and get him checked or ring NHS direct and have a chat with them. Hes probably fine and noses do bleed easily so probably just a bump. Keep a close eye on him and see how he is over the next few hours (thats what Ive always done with dd anyway).

WideWebWitch Wed 16-Feb-05 16:07:37

I'd wait and see, bet it'a just a bump and stops. My dd has fallen over a couple of times recently and there's been a little bit of blood but as long as your ds seems fine in every other way (not losing consciousness or seeming not himself or drowsy when he wouldn't normally be) I wouldn't worry.

Lowryn Wed 16-Feb-05 16:12:33

he's feeding now and falling asleep. Should I keep him awake?

WideWebWitch Wed 16-Feb-05 16:19:27

Would he normally sleep now? If so I'd let him but keep an eye on him I think. If he doesn't, no, I'd keep him up. He screamed right and then calmed down? If that's the case then I really doubt it's anything serious. But I'm not a doctor and you know him best, if you're remotely worried, call NHS direct.

gingerbear Wed 16-Feb-05 16:19:44

Does he usually sleep at this time? If not, try to keep him awake. If it were me then I would be off to A&E just to be on the safe side.

hewlettsdaughter Wed 16-Feb-05 16:25:05

You could have a look at this checklist , Lowryn. Hope he's ok.

Lowryn Wed 16-Feb-05 16:33:08

thanks, it's not been a good day so far.
ds started off by climbing the stairs whilst I was on the loo...no accidents thank god but my heart almost stopped. Then he did a proper vomit all over himself and me after dinner. I was just about to bf and had to scoop bits out of my bra.
he does somtimes have a nap about now. I guess I will just keep him here on my lap instead off putting him in his cot.

hewlettsdaughter Wed 16-Feb-05 16:54:03

Sounds a good plan. Ewwwwww re the vomit in your bra!

WideWebWitch Wed 16-Feb-05 17:01:19

Ewww too re vomit in bra. Let us know how he is later won't you? Hope your day improves.

Casmie Wed 16-Feb-05 18:43:41

No advice Lowyrn, but sounds like you've had a really shitty day. Lots of hugs and I think you deserve a REALLY large glass of wine this evening!!

lunavix Wed 16-Feb-05 18:48:21

To be honest Lowryn I'd take him to the emergency out of hours.

Ds had a bump the other day, and a nurse who was there at the time said that any bad head bumps MUST be checked out, especially if they bleed anywhere other than the actually head bump iyswim. She said if it makes something internally bleed then it could be serious.

DOn't want to freak you out, just think that maybe you should go.

Casmie Wed 16-Feb-05 21:21:04

How is he, Lowryn?

WideWebWitch Thu 17-Feb-05 19:14:21

Lowryn, is he ok? Please tell us.

Lowryn Fri 18-Feb-05 18:35:41

Thank you so much for asking. He is okay. In the morning a big graze under his nose and on his lip had developed. I guess when he fell over he must have bashed his nose from underneath, poor lad.

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:02:44

Oh good, I was quite worried about him! Glad he's ok!

hewlettsdaughter Fri 18-Feb-05 20:09:29

Hi Lowryn. Glad to hear ds is ok

hewlettsdaughter Fri 18-Feb-05 20:10:10

It's awful when something like that happens isn't it. Your heart just stops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now