Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So one minute I'm sat having a cup of tea, the next a cyst is twisting me ovary!

(9 Posts)
Thomcat Tue 19-Aug-08 19:13:06

OW!

Just like that. Sudden intense, nasty, twisty, sharp pain. From nowhere. Started being sick. Couldn't stand, couldn't do anything. Called an ambulance. Cried. Felt bit better, able to stand up, cancelled ambulance. Went to the quacks instead. He though it was either a cyst or an eptopic pregnancy. Sent me straight up to the hospital. Got scanned and twas confirmed it was a cyst. Although I had just eaten in less than an hour I was being prepared for theatre! Bloods taken, legs measured for stockings, etc!

About 3 or 4 hours later I've had my general, bleeding cyst that was starting to twist was removed and I was shaking like a mad shaky thing in recovery asking them if I was still in Cornwall??!! (I live in London!) Ovary still in tact, whoop de doo, v happy about that.

27 hours later, here I am in bed on the laptop chatting to you. Just breastfed DD3 which I'm so happy about. MIL is reading DD1 & 2 a story and DP is making dinner and I live another day!

FAQ Tue 19-Aug-08 19:14:29

omg - how scary - glad you're feeling better now

Twiglett Tue 19-Aug-08 19:17:06

wow scary tc .. glad it's all ok though .. was it laprascopic you're out quick

chapstickchick Tue 19-Aug-08 19:17:40

bjesus that sounds vvvv scarey - hope your soon on your feet and fab news bout your ovary x

TheOldestCat Tue 19-Aug-08 19:18:11

Good grief, you poor thing. Glad the ovary is fine and you are recovering. It must have been so scary.

oops Tue 19-Aug-08 19:22:18

Message withdrawn

Thomcat Tue 19-Aug-08 19:22:47

It was a bit mad. But round of applause to the NHS. I turned up at 2pm for a scan was seen immediately and quite literally 2 hours later I was in theatre.

Had a camera in the belly button one small incision just on bikini line and another just to the left of bikini line. Amazing.

Am chuffed that they didn't need to remove the ovary.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Tue 19-Aug-08 20:31:46

Ooo TC - glad you're OK.

Thomcat Tue 19-Aug-08 20:59:03

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now