Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Dental Xylocain Gum injection-anyone had an adverse reacton to it before?

(2 Posts)
dropinthe Tue 19-Aug-08 12:50:52

I had an injection yesterday evening as a pre-cursor to a filling and immediately my cheek swelled up and the side of my face,not just my gum, went totally numb. I told the Dentist who asked me if I was allergic to Xylocaine and I said I had no idea but I had injections before and nothing like this had happened. He asked me to keep a feel out for my throat tightening which a couple of hours later it did. I developed a raging soar throat and felt like I had developed a chest infection with my chest being tight and very sore. I contemplated going to the hospital but decided to go to bed to see what happened in the morning.
This morning and today I just feel like I have a bad chest infection-I have had them before so know what they feel like. I am off to the quacks later but was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before? My cheek feels like Ive been punched by Mike Tyson and in general I feel shaky and really ill!

dropinthe Tue 19-Aug-08 15:41:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now