Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eye pain

(10 Posts)
charchargabor Mon 18-Aug-08 23:15:32

I seem to have a nasty virus, which I asked a question about this morning. The symptoms are aching joints, tender skin, temperature, headache, muscle pain and general weakness. God I sound like a right hypochondriac writing that out smile But I am a bit worried as today my eye muscles are hurting. I can't look side to side or up and down, or squeeze my eyes shut. Could this be a symptom of the virus, or something more serious? TIA.

AvenaLife Mon 18-Aug-08 23:19:32

I'm not sure what it could be. You should see a doctor though, especially with all your symptoms. Give the out of hours a call and ask them if they can come out.

charchargabor Mon 18-Aug-08 23:28:11

Really? I was just going to go to the doctors tomorrow. It's really tough to get the out of hours docs out here, they usually argue with you and I feel too pathetic to argue! I've had it since yesterday. Thanks for answering!

AvenaLife Mon 18-Aug-08 23:31:05

It's OK. I think it depends on how cra you are feeling. If you think it can wait then do this, if you feel any worse though give NHS direct a call.

charchargabor Mon 18-Aug-08 23:43:31

Sorry just had to go and feed DD again as she's still ill, even after antibs. That probably isn't helping to make me feel better! I think I'll leave it until tomorrow, but if it gets any worse I'll definitely ring NHS direct. Thanks again!

AvenaLife Mon 18-Aug-08 23:50:49

smile I hope you are feeling better soon.

charchargabor Mon 18-Aug-08 23:51:34

Thankyou smile

loopylou6 Tue 19-Aug-08 12:19:46

i get that eye pain when i am ill with something

charchargabor Tue 19-Aug-08 16:01:57

Hi, I just saw your message. I've been to the doctors and I've got sinusitis and tonsilitis, so that explains why I feel so rough! I was quite worried about the eye thing, so quite glad it's something minor. Thanks!

AvenaLife Tue 19-Aug-08 16:08:13

It's good you went, you must have been feeling really ill. I hope you are on the mend soon, just let the antibiotics start to work. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now