Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Scar tissue - how do you get rid of it?

(8 Posts)
bozzy Tue 15-Feb-05 22:49:32

I have scar tissue on my breast which was caused when I got mastitis 18 months ago. It is a little lumpy - does anyone have any idea on how to reduce this scar tissue?

ediemay Tue 15-Feb-05 23:10:56

You might think I'm mad but the thing which has really helped me is honey! I've had a lot of operations and this has always helped to heal the scar tissue, I just rub a tiny bit in each day for a few weeks after each op. The scar will fade from pink to white after a few months. Others have good results from vitamin E cream or oil. Hope this helps.

HunkerMunker Tue 15-Feb-05 23:12:26

You can buy things like plasters that are meant to help with scar tissue. They're a gel kind of thing you stick on. Not sure what they're called, but you can get them in Boots. They're quite pricey though.

Branster Tue 15-Feb-05 23:40:33

Vit E oil (very sticky stuff but good) or Rosehip oil.

bozzy Wed 16-Feb-05 13:47:16

Thanks everyone!

Dyzzidi Wed 16-Feb-05 13:53:54

Palmers the people who do the cocoa butter stuff sell a serum which has really reduced my scars and is not to expensive at about £8

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 16-Feb-05 14:18:41

I rate Aloe Vera too.

Juliehafrancis Wed 16-Feb-05 14:50:17

Try this it's brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now