Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, I feel unwell but should I visit my sick dad?

(4 Posts)
cathcat Mon 18-Aug-08 13:55:12

My dad is very ill, he may only have a few days.
I have an upset stomach, last night and today. Taken two Imodium Instants, not worked. Was feeling sick too, ate something, felt a bit better, now feel sick again, maybe that is just stress.
Should I go and visit my dad or stay home? I can't think straight. My mum and sister are with him.

LittleMissNorty Mon 18-Aug-08 13:57:04

Personally, if he's that ill, go and see him. Wash your hands and alcohol rub and don't touch him......not ideal, but what can you do?

Elibean Mon 18-Aug-08 14:08:31

I would do what LMN suggests, personally. Most stomach bugs are spread by hands as opposed to airborne, IYSWIM, so alcohol rubs can help a lot. I would even give him a hug, if it feels right and you want to/he wants you to, but avoid kissing if you've actually been sick (bugs can be on breath if you've vomited).

TBH, if my Dad was that sick, I think he'd rather see me than live an extra day or two sad

I'm so sorry, and yes, I'd think stress could be adding to or even causing your symptoms.

cathcat Mon 18-Aug-08 14:13:25

Thank you, I' m going in 5 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now