Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy type skin rash

(14 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Tue 15-Feb-05 18:44:03

Posted about the rash on my nipple recently it has spread and I am itching all over.
The thing that I really can't work out is that I have what looks like scratches on my body. In places that I know I haven't been scratched, they just appear. What could this be???

HappyMumof2 Tue 15-Feb-05 18:46:05

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Tue 15-Feb-05 18:46:48

No, they are different. Can't explain what I mean but they are all part of this rash/itch I think.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Tue 15-Feb-05 20:26:14

Think I am going to have to see my gp. My breast are so red raw I just don't know what is going on. It is driving me crazy

HappyMumof2 Tue 15-Feb-05 20:28:01

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Tue 15-Feb-05 20:29:16

How are you coping mum of 2? I just feel uncomfortable all of the time

HappyMumof2 Tue 15-Feb-05 20:45:38

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Tue 15-Feb-05 20:47:03

I can't think of anything really. I have never been one to stick to brands of any kind. It could be my washing liquid, deodrant, soap, shower gel. God knows
Hope you get yours sorted soon too!

givenupforlent Tue 15-Feb-05 20:56:27

i have to take my hayfever tablets which makes it go within about 20 mins

WigWamBam Tue 15-Feb-05 23:08:58

Blossomhill, does it seem to be aggravated by hot or cold? I have capilliary damage on my legs which is horribly itchy, almost burning, over the winter, and when it starts I get red raw skin and little tiny red marks on my legs which look like scratches. They're actually the capilliaries at the surface of the skin, and will bleed if I scratch them.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Wed 16-Feb-05 09:45:14

WWB - it does feel worse when I get into a hot bath, yes.

WigWamBam Wed 16-Feb-05 10:30:41

Mine was caused by sitting on a coach for 12 hours with my legs next to a radiator constantly blasting out hot air, but I understand it can be caused by sun damage, poor circulation or even stress. I found it really difficult to get a GP to diagnose it; even now the only treatment is to try and improve the circulation. If this is your problem them ginkho biloba can help, you can also buy red vine leaf ointment from Boots to rub in which I find takes the edge off the itching.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Wed 16-Feb-05 10:59:45

Thanks WWB

Sponge Wed 16-Feb-05 11:13:53

If it's an allergic reaction to something then antihistamines might help. Have you tried?
My mum has MS and resulting poor circulation gives her a really itchy rash sometimes, including raised weals which could look like scrathches. Antihistamines help her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now