Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

shall I send my Wii it back???

(21 Posts)
twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:33:08

coz I waited months to get one, got it Friday (that's why no mn!) but the b**tard said I was obese!!!

Only kidding, it's fab!!!!

pmsl at dh doing hula hoop at moment.

anyone esle got one?

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:33:46

that should be Wii Fit....not it...

JonahTakalua Sun 17-Aug-08 13:35:01

can't afford one, sadly.
it's been lots of bracing long walks in the pouring rain for us this summer! grin
enjoy it. smile

salsmum Sun 17-Aug-08 13:41:42

I got on my sons wii fit and it said 'only 1 person at a time should stand on it' blush wink

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:44:02

oh, salsmum that's so sad! sadsad

tink123 Sun 17-Aug-08 16:53:15

is a wii good? I am getting one for dd birthday. What games would you recommend for a five year old???

twoluvlykids Mon 18-Aug-08 16:05:39

Hi tink123, I think the Wii is great. It comes with Wii Sports, we've also got Wii Play, which is good. My dc are teenagers,so I couldn't recommend anything for 5 yo. I do know some families with young dc with a Wii & the Sports disc is generally the most popular. We've also got Bejing Olympics, which the dc like but I've never played.

TillyScoutsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 16:12:13

I love my wii fit as well (got it about 2 weeks ago so am still in the "new" loved up phase grin)

DP doing the hula hoop is hilarious - looks like a frog in a blender. His step wasn't much better.

Great fun though. I think we need a wii fit thread so we can compare scores etc. (or am I just a saddo that needs to get a life ??)

twoluvlykids Mon 18-Aug-08 16:14:37

No you're right. I'm on a mission to get the thing to say I'm no longer "obese" - I s'pose I could lie & say I'm 10 feet tall wink

StormInanEcup Mon 18-Aug-08 16:28:08

Message withdrawn

twoluvlykids Mon 18-Aug-08 16:32:51

it is ruder to me than my 13 yo dd!!!!

but a good motivator, & i'm better at the yoga poses than anyone else in my family, so that's cheered me up a bit

TillyScoutsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 19:14:21

I love the yga. My trainer also told me I had great Abs after doing the jacknives (clearly they have no camera trained on you grin)

I am so very very bad at most of the balance games (except ski jump)

twoluvlykids Wed 20-Aug-08 20:51:20

i've managed to unlock loads of moves now,& each time i do 1, i discover dd already done it & at top of scoreboard!!! my dh on hula hoop looks like constipated gorilla grin

mind you, there's no mirror,so not sure what i look like hmm

janeite Wed 20-Aug-08 20:54:07

We love Wiifit in the Janeite house. I am the undisputed tightrope and hula hooping queen but dd1 and dp are top at everything else. I can't do that heading footballs one to save my life.

twoluvlykids Wed 20-Aug-08 20:55:55

nah,it's hard,but really easy to head those football boots!!! can you do the snowboarding,where you turn the fit board sideways?

TheGreatScootini Wed 20-Aug-08 20:58:10

My one weighs me as lighter than my scales which i enjoyed greatly.However my wii fit age is currently 47 which is devastating because I am 28.sad

I am getting feckin good at the Ski slalom though grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Wed 20-Aug-08 20:59:01

i am depso to get one - tried one at sil at the weekend - went for a run and nearly killed myself and did some skiing but was none to impressed at my wii age.

TillyScoutsmum Thu 21-Aug-08 09:14:21

When I first went on, my wii fit age was 38 (I'm 33).... 2 weeks later and I am now 28 grin grin Just wish someone would tell the bags under my eyes ....

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 21-Aug-08 10:21:06

Ohh i am scouting everywheere for a bargain - i need to sell everythig on ebay to fund one.... wonder if my ds really needs his cot grin?. Surely dh wouldnt miss his dewalt drill or is that grounds for divorce?

MummyDoIt Thu 21-Aug-08 10:24:10

I got one for my birthday and I love it! I'm only just overweight on mine and determined to get into healthy BMI. My DSs love watching me do the balance games, especially the penguin one. They think the Mummy Mii as a penguin is hilarious!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 21-Aug-08 10:26:26

Oh i could have one for my bday but dont think i can wait till november.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now