Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you have a reaction to toothpaste?

(6 Posts)
TheSmallClanger Sat 16-Aug-08 21:47:03

I know this is a bit silly, but over the last few days, I've been salivating far more than normal. It's not got to the bullmastiff level, but I've definitely got more of it than usually.
The only thing I can think of is that I've changed my brand of toothpaste, and that my gums aren't keen on it. Has this happened to anyone else?

lilacbloom Sat 16-Aug-08 22:09:59

*READ THIS* Then go and see your doctor.

lilacbloom Sat 16-Aug-08 22:10:33

READ THIS Then go and see your doctor and change your toothpaste.

aliasdictus Sat 16-Aug-08 23:52:51

Hi, please don't read that scaremongering article, it has nothing to do with it. If you have been abroad and bitten by a rabid dog or bat then that is your answer, if not please don't waste your or your GPs or your dentist's time, just change your toothpaste!

TheSmallClanger Sun 17-Aug-08 18:17:07

Toothpaste has been replaced. I'll see if that does any good.
I've actually been vaccinated against rabies, so it's not that! I'm sure it's something trivial - I can't imagine booking a doctor or dentist appointment to discuss slightly excessive dribbling.

MatNanPlus Sun 17-Aug-08 18:21:33

You should book an appt if the prob;em persists for more than 7 days tho TSC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now