Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Warts...and they are spreading rapidly

(3 Posts)
BeckyBendyLegs Sat 16-Aug-08 20:03:16

My 4 1/2 yr old DS had a wart on his hand for ages and then we started using Bazooka on it after advice from the pharmacist and now warts seem to be sprouting all over his hand. he has the one big one still, about four smaller ones nearby and about six or seven tiny little ones on the same finger and another finger. Any suggestions? Should I just take him to the doctor?

bluefairy22 Sun 17-Aug-08 21:54:32

Hey there,
I havnt had trouble with warts but the best thing I have come across for veruccas is something called Duofilm I got on prescription from the doctor. Friend used it effectively on wart too. If you apply it everyday (just paint it on with brush like nailvarnish) it definitely kills them effectively. Much more effective than the stuff you can get in the chemist. Should kill the tiny ones in no time, bit longer for the larger ones.

Very gentle on normal skin, and doesnt hurt at all like the freezing methods which dont work half the time either. Should note though I only used it on me, not a child so you would have to check it is child safe.

Dont know if you can only get it from the doctor - maybe ask in the pharmacist... used to be in blue and white bottle - Duofilm (for the treatment of warts),

Hope that helps x

BeckyBendyLegs Mon 18-Aug-08 16:58:49

Thanks for the advice. I'll investigate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now