Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

C scar is red and itchy with exercise. Has anyone else had this?

(3 Posts)
jogym Fri 15-Aug-08 14:34:41

My c scar is breaking out into a rash frequently and is mad with itch at the moment. It seems to get worse after I exercise due to sweating and because I have a little bulge that sits over it. Should I go to the dr. about this? I have been putting savlon/sudocrem/talc on but it isn't helping. Anyone a solution.

Evenstar Fri 15-Aug-08 14:46:49

I had this and it turned out to be a fungal infection, I have a large bulge over mineblush. Over the counter cream didn't help much, but the doctor prescribed a stronger one and that soon sorted it out, she recommended using some tea tree oil shower gel to wash each day and that seems to have kept it at bay since then. Hope that helps.

aliasdictus Sat 16-Aug-08 23:59:47

As scars heal they itch, the rash could be fungal, or not. The bulge however may be a local infection or a small hernia that has developed, particularly if you have been exercising before the scar is completely healed, no amount of talc or topical treatment would help that so it may be worth seeing your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now