Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is wrong with my 7 year old son?

(17 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 13:49:38

Friday night he said he had a headache and woke up about 4am with a slight temperature. I gave him some calpol and a drink. Had a cuddle and went straight back to sleep.
Since then he has looked very sleepy, feels slightly warm but I wouldn't say has a temperature. He has just been laying on the sofa, looking really tired. He says he has a slight headache but that's all. He hasn't moved from the sofa watching telly.
He is eating normally though. I am just not sure what's wrong.

WideWebWitch Mon 14-Feb-05 13:51:24

dehydrated?

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 13:55:44

He is drinking www. How would I know if he was though?

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:57:09

He probably has a virus that is making him so inactive. Take him to the doc if you are worried.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 13:59:38

Thanks CD. He is eating though. Just very lethargic...

WideWebWitch Mon 14-Feb-05 14:00:54

ask him to check his wee colour? I agree, take him if you're worried bh.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 14:01:45

I think I'll see how he is today and if still no improvement I'll take him in the morning. Thanks

nasa Mon 14-Feb-05 14:02:05

you know him best so I think if you're concerned, even if there are no other outward signs, take him to the GP anyway.

Twiglett Mon 14-Feb-05 14:03:42

sounds viral

if you're slightly concerned how about calling NHS Direct and running through the symptoms (0845 46 47)

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 18:26:50

He does have a swollen gland in his neck but he says he absolutely doesn't hurt.
Probably is just a virus then.

jollymum Mon 14-Feb-05 18:44:01

You can check for dehydration by pinching the skin on the child's hand. If it "boings" back, it's Ok, if it's pudgy and doesn't go back, phone the docs. It's easy for it to happen. One of mine was ill and I was expecting No 3. Doc came round, looked serious and asked if he'd been drinking, as he had raging runs. I told her loads of juice and she asked me if it was sugarefree juice. Proud mum me answered yes and he got rushed into hospital, 'cos he hadn't had sugars or salts Hope your son is OK

golds Mon 14-Feb-05 19:16:47

My ds was poorly the week before last with similar syptoms, it turned out to be a viral infection. Take him to the doctors if your worried. Hope he gets better soon

Cod Mon 14-Feb-05 19:17:23

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 19:17:36

Thanks everyone you are very kind

Cod Mon 14-Feb-05 19:18:26

Message withdrawn

coppertop Mon 14-Feb-05 19:19:48

This sounds like the same thing ds1 has, although he insist he is fine. Very pale (more rosy-cheeked this evening), lethargic and generally not himself. The only other thing I've noticed is that his eyes have been red and a little sticky now and then.

Cod Mon 14-Feb-05 19:21:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now