Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD off her food

(7 Posts)
fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:02:57

She's 7.5mths, has had lots of BF today but hardly any of her solid food, which isn't like her at all. Had a few teaspoons of porridge this morning but refused the rest, then a little bit of omelette and a few peas at lunch but again lost interest. I thought she was hungry as she was quite grumbly before dinner but she only had a couple of spoons of that (new meal, creamy salmon and leeky thing that DP made, plus some pieces of potato, but usually new stuff doesn't phase her at all and anyway she didn't eat the potato either and she's very familiar with that). She's had a slightly upset stomach - lots of small runny poos. But doesn't seem ill or particularly upset, just a bit grumbly.

Should I be worried? I know, am being PFBish but she is my PFB after all.

TheArmadillo Tue 12-Aug-08 19:05:09

sounds like teething - can cause a bit of loose poo as they swallow much more saliva.

Or a low grade virus.

Nothing to worry about, happens to us all. Just go with what she wants.

Goober Tue 12-Aug-08 19:07:39

Has she recently had a vaccination?
Has she been exposed to Chicken pox as it's doing the rounds?
Has she been more tired than usual?

I'm sure it is nothing to worry about, just a blip. With a bit of luck she'll be screaming the house down at 5.30 in the morning for her breakfast, as she'll be starving! grin

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:15:20

No recent vacs, no chicken pox exposure that I know of, not noticeably sleepy, just her normal two naps today.

Teeth sounds plausible, she's been chewing her fingers a lot recently.

Goober Tue 12-Aug-08 19:20:12

There you go then, nothing to worry about.

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:21:14

Thanks for the reassurance though - I am a slave to my own neuroses!

Goober Tue 12-Aug-08 19:24:34

We have all done the same at different times with kids. A spoonfull of Calpol and she'll be good as gold.
Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now