Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant headaches...has anyone seen a doctor for it?

(9 Posts)
notsohappycherry Tue 12-Aug-08 11:26:37

Having 4 or 5 or 6 headaches a week, all different, some at the front of my head, some all over, some over one eye, some when I wake up, some come on later in the day. Canot find a pattern.
Is there any point going to a dr?
I drink lots of water. Have tried paracetemol / cocodomol/ ibrbuprofen, none work..... do take syndol but only at bedtime as it knocks me out.
Arghh!
Advice pls.

sneekpeeks Tue 12-Aug-08 13:57:59

Are you on the pill ??

I had very similar HAs. Most of the time I would end up having to go to bed.
Stopped taking the pill 3 months ago and havent had a HA since smile

Panadol extra are good. High in caffine, so go steady on the tea and coffee drinking if taken !!

sneekpeeks Tue 12-Aug-08 13:58:56

I didnt visit the dr - assumed would only accuse the pill anyway !!

shanks313 Tue 12-Aug-08 14:07:27

I have been getting headaches for the last 3 months,usually around the back of the head but occasionally goes ro the top of my head.
After several trips to GP and him saying it was a tension headache I was admitted to hospital.
They did a CT scan and neck x ray.The scan was fine and they think its the muscles in my neck.
Like you I was takimg painkillers and they werent helping,I now have paracetamol 500 and dicloflex(I think thats how its spelt)That one works.

notsohappycherry Tue 12-Aug-08 14:09:00

No not on the pill.
Even considered it was my eye sight but there seems no problem with it.

notsohappycherry Tue 12-Aug-08 14:12:05

S313 have you tried cranial therapy? Might give that a go. Glad your scan was clear. Its so hard to plod on with a banging head all the time isn't it? But I think I will be wasting GP time if I turn up there.

notsohappycherry Tue 12-Aug-08 21:02:47

bump

notsohappycherry Tue 12-Aug-08 21:02:47

bump

Boco Tue 12-Aug-08 21:06:35

My friend went to the dr with constant headaches and he told her to sleep with only one pillow, and not two. She was furious as she thought it was a stupid suggestion and clearly it wasn't that. But she tried it and her headaches disappeared overnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now