Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post gall bladder removal problems

(10 Posts)
lisad123 Mon 11-Aug-08 23:59:08

I have my gall bladder removed when DD1 was 6 weeks, so 8 months ago. Since then I keep getting bad tummy pains, diahorra or constapation (and i cant spell). The pain is horrible and i have had to spend more time back in hospital due to inflamed stomach lining.
Im really fed up and just want my body back, im only 26!!

My GP said i could go back to eating normally but do find if i eat badly i really pay a day or two later.
help, anyone been here, or any suggestions??

girliefriend Tue 12-Aug-08 22:05:57

hello just typed you a long msg and then lost it doh! So shortened version as am off to bed now! Had similar problem when I was pregnant and had gall bladder removed when dd was 2 wks old. It doesn't sound like what you are experiencing is right so keep on at your gp. I can't digest a lot of fatty food now as that will upset my stomach and cheese is a no no which is gutting as I love it! So it is a bit of a lie to say that you will be able to eat anything as you don't have a store of bile that is required to help you digest it! Hope you are ok XxX

girliefriend Tue 12-Aug-08 22:07:03

I was only 27 when i had dd as well!

Dior Tue 12-Aug-08 22:09:23

Message withdrawn

Babyramone Wed 13-Aug-08 06:40:45

Hi
I have just got up after suffering pain very similar to gall stones. Like you had my gall baldder out last year (august infact)but ahve had regular problems.
What I've noticed is the pain often occurs around the time of my period though not always.
I get that horrible sicky colicy pain right under ribs, sort of where our bra strap goes.
Before finding this thread was searching old gall stone threads and someone mentioned Sphincter of Oddi. Check it out is interesting.
I've got GP on thursday (though I'am going to try for appt today)so will let you know how I get on.

It's a nightmare isn't it. I'm so fed up with it.

lisad123 Wed 13-Aug-08 09:58:07

baby sounds hard! Im off to GP today too. My periods havent returned yet shock
My pain is lower down, although was back in hopital a few months back for inflamed stomach
keep me updated hun

Babyramone Wed 13-Aug-08 22:05:39

Hi Lisa, how did you get on today?
I'll let you know what doc says re mine.

lisad123 Wed 13-Aug-08 23:27:56

he just kinda said, oh well thats normal shock.
He did say my bowels still havent gone back after the op.
His given me some tablets to take before meals and said it should work and to keep taking till pain stops. What did yours say??

Babyramone Sat 16-Aug-08 22:36:20

Hi,
Been at GP and apparently some people's bosy takes a while to recover from the surgery. She mentioned that some duct is left and it's maybe sensitive.
I've to keeep a diary of future attaks and she's going to see if there is a pattern.

Babyramone Sat 16-Aug-08 22:37:59

Eh body not bosy obv

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now