Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone else taking Mebeverine for IBS?

(5 Posts)
Tommy Mon 11-Aug-08 20:34:39

it says on the packet that I should take them 20mins before eating - only I keep forgetting. Would it matter if I took them say, 10 mins before or is that no good?

moosemama Tue 12-Aug-08 17:28:03

My DH takes mebeverine for ibs. I think he sometimes forgets to take them before and takes them with his food - they still seem to work though.

Milliways Tue 12-Aug-08 17:33:45

I do (branded as Colofac, but same stuff). It is best to have them acting before food, but if I get an attack out of the blue, will just take one immediately & then with meals/when I remember for a few days until it settles.

I had been symptom free for so many months, then had an attack on holiday & thought it was appendicitis or something until I remembered how painful the spasms can be!

Tommy Wed 13-Aug-08 08:30:10

thanks for that. I wasn't sure if I was too late whether there was any point. Now I just have to work out how to remember to take them!

fledtoscotland Wed 13-Aug-08 09:57:36

FIL has been on these for a couple of years and TBH its great that he remembers to take the tablets let alone 20mins before eating. They still seem to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now