Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think Im needing to wee too much ...any ideas why?

(6 Posts)
DontGetIt Mon 11-Aug-08 20:03:26

Just wanted to pick brains really. Its just that I frequently feel the need to wee, and sometimes there will be something there, but not normally enough in quantity to explain the urgency feelings. It doesnt bother me much during the day since I have a rubbish pelvic floor so Im used to having to go often to avoid 'problems'. But at the mo Im needing to go in the night 4 or 5 times and this seems quite a lot...? I dont drink before bed, in fact generally start to reduce liquids tea time-ish, so it seems unrelated to liquid intake. Any thoughts would be welcome, thanks...will pop back later, phone ringing...

Ledodgy Mon 11-Aug-08 20:08:29

It sounds like you could have a urine infection.

maidamess Mon 11-Aug-08 20:09:19

Could it be...

cystitis?

too much tea/coffee?

Sounds like you need to do your pelvic squeezes.

CarGirl Mon 11-Aug-08 20:11:03

has your bladder started to shrink, if you are restricting intake then your bladder will shrink you need to do the opposite drink more and make your self experience having a fuller bladder IYSWIM? I would check it out with dr first though.

Ash80 Mon 11-Aug-08 20:11:38

Im not sure, but best to go to your gp for a blood/ urine test. So they could check for diabetes.
It could also just be a urine infection, or could you be pregnant?

Goodluck, keep us updated

DontGetIt Mon 11-Aug-08 20:15:43

Thanks for the replies. Maybe doc would an idea then, tho dont feel unwell so not worried about cystitis (when I get that I really know about it!) My mum is diabetic so perhaps need to check that out. And def not pregnant! Sex? I've got 2 small children for goodness sake, we dont have the energy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now