Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone advise my DSIS about frequent heavy periods/bleeding - is it an emergency?

(7 Posts)
BellaBear Mon 11-Aug-08 12:51:36

Hi, my DSIS is away from where she lives for the next month and has had some bouts of non-period type bleeding, every couple of weeks lasting five days or so. She has a bit of a dull ache. She hasn't gone to see an GP about it yet, do you think she should make an emergency appt with a practice here or wait till she is back where she lives? Does it sound serious to you?

(It does to me and I think she should but she is procrastinating so I thought I would find out if it is just me stressing on her behalf)

BellaBear Mon 11-Aug-08 13:03:16

bump? (Sorry abotu impatience!)

BellaBear Mon 11-Aug-08 17:52:11

anyone?

Ineedsomesleep Mon 11-Aug-08 17:53:46

Think she should see a doctor first thing in the morning. Bleeding between periods is not normal.

BellaBear Mon 11-Aug-08 17:54:23

thank you, will pass on

bubblagirl Mon 11-Aug-08 18:00:54

i had this for years and was due to cysts but any bleeding in between should be checked out

BellaBear Mon 11-Aug-08 18:38:01

thank you, these posts have helped persuade her to go to GP tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now