Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sweet smelling nappy in 16mth old???????????

(4 Posts)
mishi1977 Sun 13-Feb-05 22:25:13

Hi
my DS has been really irritable all day and quite clingy..he tends to have trouble sleeping and wakes with what seems to be stomach ache as he pulls his legs up etc....tonight when he had a wet nappy it smelt very sweet.. he hasnt eaten anything particualrly different today so wondered if anyone had any ideas?
Am going to take him to see HV in morning as will wait a week for a gp appointment....

PrettyCandles Sun 13-Feb-05 22:56:36

This has happened to my dd - after a day or two of miserableness she does a strangely sweet-smelling poo...and then everything's fine again the following day. I assume that it's either something she ate (perhaps when I wasn't looking) or some sort of 24hour bug.

Does it happen often, or is this the first time? If it happens often, perhaps there is something in his diet that he is sensitive to?

mishi1977 Sun 13-Feb-05 23:01:02

its the first time it has been that strong but it has happened before just not noticed it as much

PrettyCandles Sun 13-Feb-05 23:08:02

Probably worth checking out, especially if he's generally under the weather. I never have because dd is such a healthy little cannonball, and this strange poo isn't a frequent or long-lasting problem.

Can't believe you have to wake a week for an appt for a baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now