Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone want to give up alcohol and caffine with me?

(10 Posts)
BBBee Sun 10-Aug-08 20:19:37

all a bit sluggish and knackered at the minute. Have been thinking about this for a while and fancy a bit of company!

FrannyandZooey Sun 10-Aug-08 20:26:30

Bee I saw this dropping out of active convos
I would say yes I will join you but I have already given them both up so doesn't really count I suppose?

would love to give up sugar again this year though
no ruddy motivation however

JuneBugJen Sun 10-Aug-08 20:27:00

no

FrannyandZooey Sun 10-Aug-08 20:27:29

aww

JuneBugJen Sun 10-Aug-08 20:27:31

grin!

Janni Sun 10-Aug-08 20:41:46

Would consider the alcohol, if enough people were involved for mutual support, but simply can't do without tea!!

BBBee Sun 10-Aug-08 20:54:19

franny - tell me how much more wonderful it is without them then - I will still do it with 10/10 for support!

FrannyandZooey Mon 11-Aug-08 08:14:28

Bee alcohol is a depressant - who needs to be taking one of those - life is hard enough without!

caffeine - I don't like the ups and downs
I can honestly say I don't miss it at all - however do miss the comfort of a cup of hot milky tea so I drink redbush - can you find an alternative you really enjoy? otherwise I feel deprived when everyone is going 'ooh a lovely cup of tea'
cut down gradually, with both, or you will get unpleasant withdrawal stuff

FioFio Mon 11-Aug-08 08:15:48

Message withdrawn

FioFio Mon 11-Aug-08 08:16:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now