Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

reflux

(5 Posts)
sarah293 Sun 10-Aug-08 18:48:55

Message withdrawn

misi Sun 10-Aug-08 23:45:19

have you ever had a candida anti body blood test?

http://www.candida-society.org/ncs/symptoms.htm

have a look at this and see if you ''fit the bill''

sarah293 Mon 11-Aug-08 08:51:03

Message withdrawn

lilymolly Mon 11-Aug-08 09:02:57

I have hiatus hernia and Lansoprazole works great for me. Omeprazole/ Losec is the same kind of drug and should work.
There are varying doses to try.
Have you had an endoscopy - (camera down throat) This was what diagnosed my hernia

The H Pylori is a bacteria which will cause ulcers which can also give you the heart burn side effects you are describing.
It can be detected in a blood test.
If it is positive you can be treated with High dose antibiotics and H 2 Antagonists/Proton pump inhibitors for about 10 days I think.
It can be a bit unpleasent- nasty taste in mouth I think. But will work

But if it where me, I would ask for an endoscopy. Again not pleasent, but I had no sedation hmm silly me was frightend of the needle blush

HTH

macherie Sun 17-Aug-08 21:59:32

DS had really bad reflux as a baby, couldn't lie down, had to sleep sitting up, was on multiple medications, etc. In desperation we brought him to a Cranial Osteopath, and she cured the reflux, it was amazing. We were bringing him regularly for treatment, twice a week in the beginning, over a period of months, but the improvement was obvious after the first treatment.

If you have been suffering for this long it might be worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now