Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Underactive thyroid

(7 Posts)
cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 17:31:32

I know this has probably been done to death but does this sound like one?

Fatigued, achy muscles type

feeling the cold, mainly if just sitting around

PMTish boardering on depression

dizzy head

breathless

nausea

headaches

tingling in arms and hands

Thanks

kormachameleon Sun 10-Aug-08 17:33:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 17:34:42

I had one done a few months ago and it was normal. I feel much worse now but people keep telling me it's really hard to pick up. Is that right?

kormachameleon Sun 10-Aug-08 17:36:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 17:39:44

Thanks for the replies. I had it after the birth of my DD2, but it suddenly changed to overactive then back to normal hmm. I just feel awful at the moment.

TheCrackFox Sun 10-Aug-08 19:11:29

Coco - I think you have thyroidtitis (not making this up) I had it after birth of DS2 - firstly thyroid overactive and I lost alot of weight at first and I put it down to breastfeeding and then eventually my thyroid became underactive and corrected itself when DS2 was 18 months old. This is a condition that can affect women after a baby and you will need to take Thyroxine for a year or so. Definetely go back to your doctor - I was lucky because my GP has an underactive thyroid too and she new tonnes about it.

cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 20:18:16

My DD is 6yo now and it settled when she was abot 18 months as well. I usually go the alternative route and get acupunture for peri -menopause and the lady I go to has mentioned my thyroid getting more sluggish each time. Last time my metabolism was at a all time low. I usally feel fine after being at her, but I think I'll go to the Drs this time.
I found it easier to cope with it when it was over active, I think I must prefer to be slightly manic rather than slightly depressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now