Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice needed please - bleeding in pregnancy sorry maybe TMI

(7 Posts)
Blondie79 Sun 10-Aug-08 11:55:14

I am 15 weeks pregnant with DC3 and this morning had sex with my DH. Not rough or anything he was v gentle. However, I went to the toilet straight afterwards and noticed I was losing blood. Not lots it was more like'spots'. It has actually stopped now but do you think that I should consult my midwife or ring NHS Direct etc? I have never experienced before in pregnancy or neither have I bled after sex. My DH seems to think the blood was from him (he is feeling very sore and said that there was a kind of 'abrasion' where his foreskin joins).

I am really sorry about TMI - but am starting to feel really worried. I think I already know the answer but don't want to cause a fuss.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

loopylou6 Sun 10-Aug-08 11:57:14

i bled like that after sex in my second pregnancy, i told the midwife and she said it could be down to a cervical erosion, which is nothing to worry about, although if it continues then i would ring the midwife

Blondie79 Sun 10-Aug-08 11:59:21

Thanks loopylou - thats what I was kind of thinking. Leave it today and thn ring tomorrow if it is still bleeding although like I said it does appear to have stopped. Just really appreciate hearing someone elses experiences/opinions.

loopylou6 Sun 10-Aug-08 12:02:17

if it has stopped i really wouldnt worry, take care x

Blondie79 Sun 10-Aug-08 13:43:03

Thanks

MonMoo Sun 10-Aug-08 14:37:19

i had a similar experience in my first pregnancy although the bleeding continued on and off for a few weeks (brown loss - tmi?!). I finally managed to get referred for a check up and it was a cervical erosion. I would mention it to your mw just to put your own mind at ease.

Blondie79 Sun 10-Aug-08 16:10:05

Thanks monmoo - the bleeding has started again but is very light. I am going to ring my midwife in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now