Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If You've Given Up Bread, How Easy Did You Find It?

(6 Posts)
gscrym Sun 10-Aug-08 08:58:02

I'm going to have a go at this. I'm not usually one for breakfast, but if I do have toast or something bread related, I feel quite queasy afterwards. I've had a wee trial of not having bread for breakfast, having fruit instead and I felt fine. I even had an omlette and felt okay so I'm figuring bread could be the culprit.

I had sandwiches yesterday and really bad trapped wind. It was quite painful and the only thing I had before it was a sandwich and an apple.

Should I give up all wheat based things or just bread?

murphyslaw Sun 10-Aug-08 09:28:30

I was told for health reasons to eliminate wheat and struggled like mad!

I did find spelt flour though and although its derived from wheat doesnt cause the same effects in the body? I used to make a really good spelt loaf which tasted like ordinary bread! Even my DH was trying to pinch it. I used to cut it into slices and freeze it in portions of 2 to stop it disappearing from the bread bin!!!

Elimination of wheat is really worth a go if you are having problems. Didnt enjoy the wheat free pasta though! yuk

gscrym Sun 10-Aug-08 10:35:24

Thanks, will have a look for Spelt flour.

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Sun 10-Aug-08 10:42:29

the trick is to be really organised. for me lunch was the hard one cos it is easy to just buy a sandwich at work.

i did this for about a year and it was great. have slipped back due to laziness but will be restarting in september.

gscrym Sun 10-Aug-08 10:53:14

What benefits did you feel after this? I'm happy if it gets rid of the queezyness but anything else would be a bonus.

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Sun 10-Aug-08 13:05:42

i felt less lethargic. stopped the crazed mid afternoon hunger which forced me to rampage through every bit of toast i could lay my hands on. lost weight!

i did continue to eat whole wheat pasta and pita bread etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now