Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

period late??!!!???!??!?

(6 Posts)
pinkroses Sun 13-Feb-05 15:04:29

Not sure what has happened. I got a coil fitted beginning of october last year and I came off the pill. My periods settled into the pattern of three weeks then my period.

Now, this month, it has been five weeks and still no period. I still make dh use condoms if we do anything, but we have once or twice...not!!

Why would it be late??? Is there anything else that could affect it other than being pg. I'm sure I couldn't be. It's the coil's job to stop pregnancies.

Anyone got any advice

Cod Sun 13-Feb-05 15:05:15

Message withdrawn

pinkroses Sun 13-Feb-05 15:34:14

oops!!! Don't know why this message appeared 3 times

singsong Sun 13-Feb-05 16:37:56

What type of coil is it (copper/mirena etc)? There is a small failure rate with all coils (very low with mirena) so it is not completely impossible for you to be preg. It is more likely to be something else (stress, upset to routine, recent illness etc) but IMO it would be worth a quick preg test if you are in any doubt. Also have you had your coil checked at all or even checked for yourself that it is still in position (by feeling for the threads) because they can sometimes fall out (not overly common but still a possibility)

80sMum Sun 13-Feb-05 17:23:20

Being realistic, the most common reason for a late period in a fertile woman of childbearing age has to be pregnancy. The best thing would be to do a test as soon as you can.

pinkroses Sun 13-Feb-05 23:08:36

Did a pg test and it's not that, thank god!!! I don't want anymore kids.

It's not a mirena coil...but it does give me heavy periods when it arrives. I'll see how long it is absent for, then I'll go see the doc!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: