Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

would you worry if

(11 Posts)
loopylou6 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:49:34

you had a mysterious stain on your bra? this morning i noticed a small browny/yellowy stain on my bra very near to nipple area sad checked my nipple and it looks normal, no crusting etc, i only put this bra on yesterday evening and checked my last bra and theres no stains on that. whata re the chances that its a freak coincidence and the stain was from being on the line or something? have been obsessivly checking for leakage today and touch wood i havent noticed anymore. if my nipple was leaking would ithave been constant? should add not pregnant, last baby was 4 years ago and no sex last night

DaisyBuchanon Fri 08-Aug-08 18:51:40

I would give it a day or so - see if it happens more than once. If only once, chances are it's just a bit of gunk that's got there somehow. Spilt food?

loopylou6 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:53:27

thanks daisy, i doubt anything was spilt coz it would of been on the top i was wearing wouldnt it, im trying to believe the stainw as there before i put it on hmm

loopylou6 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:54:45

also do you think if the stain was from my nipple, my nipple would of had crusty residue or something on it?

DaisyBuchanon Fri 08-Aug-08 18:56:31

Yes, I would have thought there would be something, but have no experience IYSWIM.

loopylou6 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:59:11

thanks daisy smile

loopylou6 Fri 08-Aug-08 21:12:40

anyone else please?

cositjustisok Sat 09-Aug-08 09:17:00

Hi Loopylou6 ...yes I have this too..and have done for quite a few years on and off. I have been to the doctor on a number of occassions about this cause I was frantic with worry..they sent me to the breast clinic and I was given the all clear...cant remember the name of what it is but he told me it was nothing to worry about it jsut happens I was so relieved that I never asked any questions but it still happens to me and I am concerned again. One thing he did say was it happens to smokers more than non smokers...I did smoke back then but have given up 4 years now..will watch this thread, but hope this helps

loopylou6 Sat 09-Aug-08 09:31:05

sorry you're concerned again CIJIO, worry is horrible isnt it. can i ask when you have your leakage does it leave any residue on your nipple?

lulumama Sat 09-Aug-08 09:35:03

it might be to do with prolactin.. if you produce too much i think you can still leak a bit .. i don;t thikn it is dangerous at all but i thikn a simple blood test would be able to put your mind at rest

cositjustisok Mon 11-Aug-08 06:38:55

Sorry not about to post as was away for weekend. No residue is left on my nipple Loopylou and no crustiness from dried up stuff ...... thus in the beginning I did not know where it had come from. Mine always looks like an amber colour and is just a tenny tiny dot or 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now