Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds1 has mumps

(10 Posts)
Jimjams Sat 12-Feb-05 17:52:11

I think. In case anyone wants a tea party..... (don't jump on me I know some people genuinely do want to do this).

Twiglett Sat 12-Feb-05 17:54:27

Would love to come .. but too far (and anyway DS had his mumps jab 2 weeks ago and has a temp of 39.5 today, on his birthday )

How is DS coping with it?

Are you ok?

lockets Sat 12-Feb-05 17:54:38

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Sat 12-Feb-05 17:55:30

I really would come with my boy if you weren't so far away. Hope he gets over it quickly.

Jimjams Sat 12-Feb-05 18:00:40

Devon lockets.

Up and down - high temp yesterday and this evening, but not too bad this afternoon then fell asleep again. Obviously feeling grotty but i don't think it last long. He's not too swollen.

The thing with autism though is that autistic kids don't whinge. They're either ill or they're not. it's the one time when they're easier than NT kids (and truth be told they're easier when ill than well- although I hate him beiing ill and was actually happy when he started obsessing about the microwave this afternoon.)

Jimjams Sat 12-Feb-05 19:43:19

although of course no chance of looking inside theiir mouths. Would like to rule out tonsillitis but the one attempt to have a look won't be repeated....

Twiglett Sat 12-Feb-05 19:44:06

how's the new baby Jimjams?

Twiglett Sat 12-Feb-05 19:44:30

(not in a mumps sense of course, in a general what's he like / how are you coping sense )

piffle Sat 12-Feb-05 20:42:41

Hope he is doing ok jimjams
I know I had loads of people wanting to come around when dd had measles, in fact I know the Hv specifically told one person...

twiglett
ds also has high temp and it was sent home from school with it on his birthday. not thought of mumps though!

Jimjams Sun 13-Feb-05 09:41:52

baby's fine! newborn baby's are easy- they're not obsessive compulsive.

DS1 is looking a lot better this morning, been wanting to look outside the front door a lot so must be feeling better as well. Jawline still slightly swollen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now