Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds has a swolen willy!

(8 Posts)
charlotte121 Thu 07-Aug-08 15:31:40

Ds had a slightly upset tummy this morning which always flares his bottom up in a rash but it usually calms down very quickly with a bit of sudocrem. So i did this... another dirty nappy later and the rash has gone but his willy is all swolen at the tip! Looks quite sore. It wasnt like it at the previous nappy, just a bit red but I put that down to the nappy rash.

Anyone know what I should do?

littlemissloopy Thu 07-Aug-08 15:34:55

It could be thrush maybe? My ds had similar symptoms and the doctor prescribed canestan.
I'd maybe go see your GP smile

charlotte121 Thu 07-Aug-08 15:36:58

He had that a while back so it could be. I still have the canestan in the cubbord so I'll try that at the next nappy if it doesnt seem better. Poor little thing. I think it was painful.
Im totally useless when it comes to boys bits....

missingtheaction Thu 07-Aug-08 15:37:30

take a photo you can show at his wedding...

sorry. keep an eye on it. could just be sore from getting poo on it like nappy rash, so should calm down with a bit of sudocreme but be careful not to irritate his urethera. ideally give him some nappy free time out in the fresh air

littlemissloopy Thu 07-Aug-08 15:37:48

Awww poor thing....

yeh, I'd try the canestan and see if it helps.

Shitehawk Thu 07-Aug-08 15:38:42

Don't wait until the next nappy if he is sore. Put some on now, and leave him nappyless for a while to let some fresh air at it. If the canesten hasn't started to work by tomorrow morning, take him to the GP.

misi Thu 07-Aug-08 15:38:44

I would go see a GP to be safe but I would think it is some kind of thrush/candida or more likely a reaction to excess acid in his wee. my son gets this when he doesn't drink enough or is running around sweating a lot. the urine becomes more concentrated and therefore has more uric acid per ML which can be quite irritating especially to the soft tender foreskin. when he has an upset stomach, less fluid will be absorbed into the blood which will again concentrate the urine as there is less water to filter out by the kidneys. I use a mix of hypericum and calandula as that increase the pH to counter the acidity as well as its main function as an anti bacterial and healing cream. but the GP for the safest bet incase there is an infection in his bladder (common in kids but not usually a worry)

charlotte121 Thu 07-Aug-08 15:46:39

Ok cheers people.... so long as it doesnt drop off then Im not so worried. Will phone gp in the morning and get them to take a look and in the meantime we'll have some "free willy" time!
Missingtheaction... maybe i will take a photo and bribe him to keep his room clean when he's a moody teenager lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now