Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wierdy white clear spots on hands..reaction to something? anyone any ideas??

(26 Posts)
DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 11:35:26

on palms and sides of fingers
underneath the skin like in rash formation

thought it was heat but its not that hot anymore
hands have never been right since ds, never out of water for ages
use handcreams e45 and gloves
should i ditch the gloves

dh says doctor but i hate going and have other reason not to, too so just hoping some kind bod will say 'oh dont worry..magical cure proceeds..
puhlease..

hazeyjane Thu 07-Aug-08 11:40:10

Are they like little water blister? Do they itch at all?

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 11:42:57

Hand foot & mouth?

PrimulaVeris Thu 07-Aug-08 11:45:47

Are they slightly itchy?

I've had these - sort of eczema caused by stress. (I hate going to GP too btw). Eventually they got so bad I went to GP holiday cover who gave me blather about allergies, E45 etc. No change. Then got appt with my regular GP who said "stress", gave me soemthing stronger (a sort of steroid cream)which cracked it. I deal with it now by combination of recognising stress signs and chilling, and occasional cream blast.

DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 12:19:48

hazyjane .. yes, like tiny blisters

washersauras..shockhow would i get that?

primulaveris
you know that does sound right
yes itch a bit but i really try not to scratch but rub hands on towel in manner of a wrestler..
i remember them now on really hot holiday 2 years ago and boy was i stressed too so that makes sense (mad sil bil loud and needy dn & dn..a passive dh pil and me!)
my db had eczema, so its in the family i guess

i dont feel extremely stressed at the moment but have had a fecking rough year in emotional terms sadly..

that is making sense
maybe i will go and ask gp

thanks guys smile

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 13:25:33

I caught it when it was going around DS' nursery last year - although he didn't get it!

I had little blisters under the skin on my finger tips and soles of my feet, they were a bit sore for a few days.

I do also get localised little blisters that itch like that with my contact dermatitis; usually where my ring, watch, or trouser button have been resting against my skin in the heat.

theyoungvisiter Thu 07-Aug-08 13:30:58

pompholyx maybe?

It's a kind of eczema - but it's normally extremely itchy - it can be a reaction to detergent or other allergens or can also be caused by stress. Looks like you describe - tiny fluid-filled blisters, quite a long way under teh skin.

I get it whenever I am stressed and run down - there is some info about it here and here is a pic - not very clear but it shows you the idea here

theyoungvisiter Thu 07-Aug-08 13:32:32

if it is eczema or pompholyx a pharmacist could probably tell you at a glance - and hydrocortisone cream will probably help - it's a mild steroid cream available over the counter.

But ask the pharmacist/doctor first in case it's something else and the steroid cream makes it worse.

DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 15:01:02

washersauraus..did you get it sorted ok? sounds bit nasty..

theyoungvisitor, i try not to scratch or irritate them was worried i would pass summat awful on to ds..
you know i am grateful for that link..was thinking all sorts but it does seem to describe it
will got the quack (as an annoying customer who has internet access and vivid imagination)
last time it was vaginal cancer i thought i had, er it was inverted hair spot thingy..blush

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 15:12:10

Hand foot and mouth just goes away on its own after a few days; nothing terrible, just a bit uncomfortable. I was pregnant at the time and found having blisters on my feet the worst as I had the extra weight on them too!

If it is dermatitis it is worth seeing the pharmacist as they can give you some cream to calm the itching. I also found putting something cool like an ice pack on them relieved the itching temporarily.

hazeyjane Thu 07-Aug-08 19:48:37

DeeRiguer, that sounds a lot like the blisters i get on my hands, they were really bad when i was pregnant, when it is hot and when i am run down. The gp said that it was a form of eczema, but i should just keep my hands clean to stop them getting infected.

They get really itchy and sometimes feel really sore, because they seem to be in clusters, and some will burst which makes it more sore (yuk!).

I find that e45 itch cream helps the itchiness, but apart from that i can't seem to stop them appearing, so have,'t got any advice - sorry!

pointydog Thu 07-Aug-08 20:00:43

sounds like pompholyx, type of eczema. Dh has had it. Go to gp, you'll get a steroid cream.

pointydog Thu 07-Aug-08 20:01:35

lol @ vaginal cancer and inverted hair mix-up

giraffescantdancethetango Thu 07-Aug-08 20:02:29

i get what you descrbed from detergents - apart from ecover.

giddykipper Thu 07-Aug-08 20:05:00

Sounds like pompholyx to me, I had it when I was a kid.

DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 20:11:09

giraffes.. use only ecover but i think its the bloody marigolds that do it for me

so sufficently convinced i havent got hand /skin cancer i will venture to me gp..
thanks you lot smile

oh and laugh pointydog! smile cause thats only half the joke...

there was a thread i should learn to link
<shuffles off for IT lesson ....not>

Dazy Thu 07-Aug-08 20:15:29

I get this on my excema too. It's worse when ever my hands get hot / sweaty. I've found Eurax cream helps when they are really itchy.

pointydog Thu 07-Aug-08 20:35:21

had you given yourself an LA and couldn't face going to doctors? I can't imagine

NotQuiteCockney Thu 07-Aug-08 20:42:21

I get this from sweat. Worse on my feet.

Things that help:
- hand cream, particularly aveeno type stuff. Put cotton socks on afterwards.
- don't scratch, don't rub them on towels
- soak in water with baking soda

DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 21:05:14

an LA whats that?..like a brazilian? shock no not that

am getting worried a bit as not as itchy as they should be unless i have high itch tolerance ?

am off to the docs..well make an appointment tomorrow can be like hens teeth round here sometimes..

pointydog Fri 08-Aug-08 07:01:42

warts then?

Isn't an LA when it's all shaved off? I'm not very up on pubic fashion.

pointydog Fri 08-Aug-08 07:02:08

(And I'm suggesting warts on your hand, not anywhere else wink

DeeRiguer Fri 08-Aug-08 16:15:21

no me neither! lol
not up on pubic hair fashions! obviously grin
so now i know smile

no nothing like that or warts argghh!

i didnt really think about him examining me until after, and we laughed cause i was shaking and thinking it was cancer..
then it dawned on me i was in my stripey socks and top and nothing else bit wierd..

then taking ds to the docs couple of months later we had a moment in the waiting room, a true frisson i beleive ..
i did a thread about it, and in amongst other things Brief Encounter was mentioned and fabio had fantastic post that made me laff loads

to paraphrase (badly cant tell a joke me!)

in brief encounter he checked in her eye for bit of grit..
in my modern breif (sic) encounter he checked my fanjo for hairs...

grin lol

pointydog Fri 08-Aug-08 19:55:49

a post-examination frisson? ooo, how pleasant yet awful

DeeRiguer Fri 08-Aug-08 21:52:42

quite..
blush..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now