Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone used a coffee enema?

(29 Posts)
Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 21:40:19

Have heard they are very effective at cleansing the gut but wondered if anyone had made/used a home made one?

Sorry for namechange - obvious reasons am sure blush

Habbibu Wed 06-Aug-08 21:44:03

Blerg. Put coffee enema into Pubmed and see if you still want to do one.

FatBellyJones Wed 06-Aug-08 21:49:54

I haven't personally but some old colleagues of mne used to do it regularly and swore up and down it was the best thing ever.

Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 22:05:10

Fatbelly - am sure you didnt go into the gory details over tea and biscuits grin but do you know if they used normal coffee mixed with water or was it bit more involved than that?

Sorry - have googled it but all i come up with is pack you can buy and i just wondered how hard it really is to do your own

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpookyMadMummy Wed 06-Aug-08 22:10:06

You're not considering following it up with anal bleaching are you???

(sorry couldn't resist.... read an earlier thread grin)

33k Wed 06-Aug-08 22:11:29

LynetteScavo Wed 06-Aug-08 22:13:00

I heard about a gay bloke doing a coffee enema during a gay choir rehursal, so it can't be that difficult.grin

Personally I'd go for colonic irrigation, if anything.

Habbibu Wed 06-Aug-08 22:13:16

You want to watch Dr Alice, Enema. She'd put you right.

Habbibu Wed 06-Aug-08 22:14:11

Drink water and eat live yoghurt?

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Wed 06-Aug-08 22:14:56

no but I saw Alan Statham give himself one once...

Habbibu Wed 06-Aug-08 22:18:01

We'd have a funnel there, possibly? Who is Alan Statham (and why do you see these things, PhD?)

Sidge Wed 06-Aug-08 22:24:59

Your bowel is quite good at looking after itself, honestly. Leave it well alone.

(How would you choose which coffee to use anyway? Fairtrade? Douwe Egberts? Asda Smartprice?)

misi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:26:52

My ex does these in her clinic, apparently they are good for some types of bowel cancer too.
I never let her give me a colonic, yuck!!

you can get home colonic systems, it consists of a bag and some tubing grin. not sure where she got them from for her clients and not really in a position to ask her at the moment, she'll think I am being ''funny'' with her

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Wed 06-Aug-08 22:27:21

GreenWing, Habs, Green Wing.

YouTube has it as restricted content - I'd register and do the link for you but frankly I can't be, ahem, arsed grin

Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 22:30:33

I am looking into colonic but feel a bit embarrassed showing my great fat backside to someone- just feel a good old cleanse is in order blush

Habbibu Wed 06-Aug-08 22:33:28

Seriously. Drink water. Eat lots of fibre. Go for brisk walks and eat live yoghurt. You do not need to do vile tube stuff. (and many thanks for pun, PhD...)

misi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:37:17

you should have seen some of the people my ex did colonics on wink.
no need to worry, to be licensed to do colonics you have to do many courses and sit tests every so often to keep up on the latest practices so they are pretty professional people. besides the bigger the backside, the more there is to aim the tube at and less likely they are to miss the target grin

Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 22:39:10

But i do i do i do! Activia yog and actimil, fruit and fibre for breakfast, 3 to 4 litres of water a day, lots of fruit, brocolli all veg , gym classes, swimming, cycling- and i still only "go" once maybe twice a week.

Sorry for all this info - just am so fed up!!!

Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 22:40:27

lol misi - well they wont miss mine then! Maybe should look into it again

misi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:42:19

if you want a good bowel detox without invasion of privacy, then try this.

buy 250g of bentonite clay, and 500g of psyllium husk fibre. 5g of clay and 10g of fibre to a glass of water and drink straight away (or the fibre swells into a clear gel and won't come out the glass!) drink at least one if not 2 more glasses of water. do this morning and night for as long as the clay and fibre last. this will help clear out both upper and lower intestines whereas a colonic only clears out the lower intestines as it cannot get back past the illiac valve.

the clay grabs hold of material impacted on your bowel wall, it can absorb something like 100 times its own weight. the fibre swells into a gel in the bowel and carries the laden clay and other faecal matter with it, out the other end. I would not let my ex give me a colonic but I did this cleanse every year and it works wonders I think.

misi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:45:00

http://www.naturallygreen.co.uk/100-bentonite-clay-1kg-p-330.html

Enemaadviceneeded Wed 06-Aug-08 22:45:58

Do you get those things from health shop?
Or a bomb disposal unit? wink

Sounds complicated but will look into it thanks

misi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:48:00

http://www.steggallnutrition.com/sup1.php

(psyllium husk fibre link)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now