Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is wrong with me?

(10 Posts)
mankymummy Wed 06-Aug-08 19:55:51

massive bloating, pain that feels like a lump under my rib cage. diarrhoa (sp?).

any ideas anyone, been feeling like this for more than two days now.

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 19:59:53

It sounds like you need to go and see the GP in the morning.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Wed 06-Aug-08 20:01:45

Just coming out the other end of this, did you get the hayfever/allergy symptoms or the breathlessness???

mankymummy Wed 06-Aug-08 20:08:08

Avena... dont have time !

Bree... i have had a really bad chest and cough with assoc. breathlessness but thought that was something different. have you had this? what were your symptoms?

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 20:10:08

which side is the pain on? any nausea or vomiting? Is your poop slimy? Does it have blood stain? Odd colour?

BreeVanderCampLGJ Wed 06-Aug-08 20:14:32

Started Sunday night at about midnight, sneezing woke me up !!! FFS

Spent the rest of the night, sneezing and blowing and not getting much sleep. I was also really cold.

Monday, got an opportunity to go back to bed for an hour, slept for five hours. !!

Went to work on Tuesday despite feeling miz and cold, but staying at home is boring. Yesterday evening struggling to catch a breath, this morning no problem.

Today, intermittent headache, coughing, coughing, coughing.

Then this afternoon, intimate knowledge of our WC's.

It appears to have passed, cough gone, breathlessness passed, itchy throat/hayfever symptoms gone.

Apologies if this is TMI.

mankymummy Wed 06-Aug-08 20:18:22

Avena... pain right in the middle. poo was liquid, normal colour for diarrhoa i guess. feel sick but havent been.

Bree... sounds like you had something different... you poor thing though, glad you feeling better.

thanks you two for helping with prob TMI blush

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 20:37:56

It sounds like it could be coming from your gall bladder/liver. You really should go and see your GP. Symptoms of Gallstones sound similar to your symptoms but have white, floating poo because of the fat and excess bilirubin. Could also be IBS but these are only guesses. You need to see your GP. Really!

mankymummy Wed 06-Aug-08 21:23:46

thanks avena... i was hoping it was food poisoning or a bug !

thanks for your time in answering, will try and make appt at docs in next week.

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 23:45:44

Doctors. I have had pain like this (alot) after I had Glandular Fever. It's not nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now