Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

(8 Posts)
YouWillBeDeleted Wed 06-Aug-08 18:57:58

I have very irregular periods anything from 34 - 60 days is normal for me. On sunday night (cd43) I felt crampy and realised my period had started, i'd had achy boobs all week too. By tuesday morning it had stopped, nothing all day then this afternoon i've had some light red/brown bleeding. My boobs are still tender and a pg test shows neg. We have been having unprotected sex for a year now but don't hold out much hope as dp only manages to finished the job occasionally and only has 1 testical. Any ideas?

YouWillBeDeleted Wed 06-Aug-08 19:37:14

Toothache Wed 06-Aug-08 19:38:44

could have been ovulation bleeding?

YouWillBeDeleted Wed 06-Aug-08 19:52:07

I googled ovulation bleeding but it doesn't seem to fit, the day of bleeding i had was quite heavy and also i think i may have ovulated 2 weeks or so ago (had that clear cervical mucus stuff) but that is just guess work on my part as i have no idea about any of it. Have got a doctors appointment monday to see if they can regulate my periods. I never usually have sore boobs but maybe i'm imagining them because its on my mind.

Toothache Wed 06-Aug-08 21:10:28

Well my friend had very irregular periods. She felt pregnant (sore boobs etc) so kept testing every week.... 7 weeks done the line she finally got a positive. She hadn't had a period for 12 weeks though so she could've been anywhere between 4 and 12 weeks pg. Turned out she 7 weeks pg at that time...

So it happens.

Are you trying for a baby then?

YouWillBeDeleted Wed 06-Aug-08 23:55:23

We'd love a baby but don't hold out much hope tbh. Am trying not to let it become something which takes over our lives, if it happens it happens and if it doesn't then we have two children from my previous relationship which dp loves as his own. Thanks for taking the time to reply, its really appreciated.

AnotherFineMess Wed 06-Aug-08 23:58:41

Have you been to GP for a hormone balance check? If there is any imbalance in progesterone it can cause stoppy-starty periods, IIRC.

Good luck with TTC grin

YouWillBeDeleted Thu 07-Aug-08 00:04:32

Thanks, I've got an appointment monday so i'll ask for a hormone test.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: