Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am one day in and just waiting for the next 2 days to end and I will be free again!

(3 Posts)
Zahrah Wed 06-Aug-08 15:18:46

After being smoke free for nearly 10 years, I started smoking again (9 months ago to be exact).

Yesterday I knocked the things on the head and have not had a cig but have had the typical cravings. I know I can do it because I did it 10 years ago. When the craving kicks in, all I do is think about my children and that I want to live to see their children and the cravings disappear quite quickly. Also I have noticed that the cravings are not as close as they were last night/this morning. Gosh it feels like giving birth eh?smile

Anyway I just want the next 2 days to roll and then I know I have truly kicked the habit.

Elasticwoman Wed 06-Aug-08 18:26:41

Well done Zahrah. My uncle gave up by eating an orange every time he wanted tobacco. First time he thought about giving up was when he set his coat on fire. Second time was when he set his bed on fire. This was several decades ago when everybody smoked.

Zahrah Wed 06-Aug-08 18:49:25

Thanks for that, I am still smoke free and feel good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now