Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Brown patches appeared on my face WTF!

(18 Posts)
Puppie Wed 06-Aug-08 12:58:45

Aaaargh I thought you were only supposed to get these when pregnant not after! I have two crescent shaped brown patches (like large clusters of freckles) that have appeared under each eye. It looks ridiculous and no amount of make up covers it. I bring new meaning to the expression Panda Eyes!

I stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago and I dont know if it coincidence but thats when they appeared.

Anyone else had this or similar AFTER pregnancy?

AbbyLou Wed 06-Aug-08 16:42:27

I've got them and I hate them. I didn't get them when I was pregnant but they have appeared since he birth of my dd 15 months ago.

girlnextdoor Wed 06-Aug-08 16:44:12

Are you taking the pill?

Dropdeadfred Wed 06-Aug-08 16:47:57

Read this

cornsilk Wed 06-Aug-08 16:49:46

You can buy a cream from space NK that gets rid of them.

quickdrawmcgraw Wed 06-Aug-08 16:50:15

I have them too. They arrive in the summer. I have to wear a very high sun factor always. My sister gets them worse than me.

quickdrawmcgraw Wed 06-Aug-08 16:50:45

cornsilk -what's it called? I'd love to get some.

cornsilk Wed 06-Aug-08 16:51:46

I'm not sure - my friend told me about it as she had a brown patch on her face. She used it and it went They are very good in Space NK - ask them.

charliecat Wed 06-Aug-08 16:53:17

My dd has what looks like coffee stains all over her face and body...always has done. Would this cream sort those out?

yama Wed 06-Aug-08 17:02:25

I have just emailed Space NK requesting advice as I too have a small light brown patch next to my eye.

I'll post back with their response.

Thanks for the tip Cornsilk.

Puppie Wed 06-Aug-08 17:23:27

Thanks for the responses ; ) I'm convinced mine are something to with hormones as they appeared almost overnight. Abbylou you sound similar to me i think in pregnancy they are called Chloasma but I have not read any literature saying they can appear after pregnancy. I just want to know if I am stuck with them for life now!

LackaDAISYcal Wed 06-Aug-08 17:29:52

i had patches of pigment on my face before I was pregnant. I was told it was hormonal due to the pill and they faded themselves over time. They reappeared when i was pregnant with DS and then disappeared afterwards. Didn't get them when pregnant with DD, but am now pregnant with another DS and they are back!

quickdrawmcgraw Fri 08-Aug-08 09:48:52

Mine appear every summer and disappear in winter. my sister wears factor 50 every day, summer and winter and they are very faint. If she doesn't they are very noticable. She was told it was from the pill so came off it and, hey presto, got a surprise dd grin

CoteDAzur Fri 08-Aug-08 09:51:00

Get it burned off with liquid nitrogen - (extreme cold). It takes seconds. Several days later, the top skin with the pigmentation falls off and voila, no dark patch smile

JRocks Fri 08-Aug-08 09:58:42

I have dark patches above my lip, was told it was chloasma. My beautician friend recommended microdermabrasion.. but I'd be keen to try a cream first! Any news from Space NK? smile

Puppie Fri 08-Aug-08 13:10:45

CoteDAzur Where would you get that done?

gingerninja Fri 08-Aug-08 13:14:13

dito LackaDAISYcal

CoteDAzur Fri 08-Aug-08 15:44:14

In France, you would go to a dermatologist. Mine has a small tank of liquid nitrogen in her office. I don't know how it works in UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now