Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

10 Month old constantly poorly since starting nursery a month ago... help!

(10 Posts)
Boobalina Wed 06-Aug-08 12:45:53

My DD started nursery a month ago and goes 4 days a week. Since starting she has had a constant viral infection, I have taken her to the drs lots adn they keep saying it viral and it will pass... we have a day or 2 when she is fine, then its back to low grade fever, runny nose and general grumpiness.

I'm sure it was the same with DS 3 years ago when I went back to work, but feeling so helpless this time around as to 'whats normal' (opens can of worms)

jelliebelly Wed 06-Aug-08 12:47:26

Could she also be teething? I know ds picked up one thing after another when he first started nursery but it all clears up eventually - he has a better immune system than I do now smile

Pinkjenny Wed 06-Aug-08 12:47:47

Dd was like this for about 3 months after she started nursery, and I do feel a bit like she's had a runny nose constantly.

Totally normal, ime.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 12:48:27

Par for the course, unfortunately.

Boobalina Wed 06-Aug-08 14:27:03

Yes she has her top set of teeth coming through too - as they are mahoooosive they appear to be taking an age to come through.

I've started to get very paranoid that she has some awful terminal illness and I am just thinking its a virus....

Can you tell the return back to work / guilt / tiredness has hit me hmm

kittywise Wed 06-Aug-08 14:32:20

That's the way it is I'm afraid and always will be when they mix with a lot of other children. It'll carry on all the way through school as well, so just make sure you're always stocked up with tissues and calpolgrin

walkinthewoods Thu 07-Aug-08 20:53:07

This was exactly the smae with my dd. she started at 10 months and was ill for the first 2monthys (quite badly the first time round, ended up in hosp). She was also teething and I was returning to work. her sleep went out the window for 5 motnhs, it was hell on earth.... but it does get better!

Beeper Fri 08-Aug-08 20:15:44

Thats what happens when you coup babies up together in large numbers..its a bug fest

Weegle Fri 08-Aug-08 20:19:24

yes, same happened here. DS started nursery at 9 months and felt like forever he was ill, and so were I and DH as a result!

Jen1978 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:41:27

Same thing happened to us, DS1 started nursery 5 days a week at the end of februsary and he was ill constantly, he didn't do a full week there for about 6 weeks. It was hell. I know exactly what you are going through but it will get better and they say that their immune systmes are stronger as a result! Heres hoping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now