Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can you demand/ask to see consultant outside of your HA???

(3 Posts)
Twinkie1 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:07:07

Quick background - have friend who has been butchered by ob/gyn - took her to see my private ob/gyn last week and he said he will treat her do the op she needs to get her life back on track but needs to do it on NHS as she doesn't have private health insurance!

Porblem is - we live in NE Essex and he practices in Woolwich, SE London.

My guy saw her for free - I pay 180 quid for the privaledge of what she got for free - he was so nice and understanding that this problem means she doesn't have a sex life, feels unattractive and so is depressed.

The ob/gyn at local hospital is the one that butchered her - can she request/demand to see my guy although he isn't local?

TinkerBellesMum Wed 06-Aug-08 11:24:32

Get to her to ask her GP to look on choose and book. You are allowed to see anyone anywhere in the country now through the choose and book system.

emma1977 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:33:27

In theory you can go anywhere you like with C&B. Get her GP to get check it out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: