Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dentists about? DS1's adult teeth are yellow!

(5 Posts)
sphil Wed 06-Aug-08 09:47:58

DS1 is 7 and has only lost two teeth so far (his two bottom teeth at the front). The adult ones are almost fully through. I noticed today blush that they are really quite yellow. Is it normal for adult teeth to be more yellow than baby teeth or is this something I should be concerned about? He has never had any dental problems and brushes his teeth twice a day. Recently I think we've become more lax about sugar between meals - could this be a cause?

He has just finished a course of antibiotics - could this have had an effect?
TIA

Mikafan Wed 06-Aug-08 09:51:03

I've heard that antibiotics can cause yellowing teeth. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it though. Hopefully a dentist or dental nurse will be along soon.

sphil Wed 06-Aug-08 11:38:28

bump

Mikafan Wed 06-Aug-08 15:23:59

sphil, are you not able to ring your dentist and ask the question? Even if he can't speak to you straight away you could leave a message with the receptionist and she could ask for you then call you back with a response. I've done this with my dentist before and he was fine about it

sphil Wed 06-Aug-08 17:16:27

Possibly - I didn't think of that blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now