Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any ideas what could be wrong, can't get to the doctors.

(11 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Wed 06-Aug-08 09:41:25

Don't know what's wrong and cant get to the doctors for a week or so due to work committments, but,

I have constant heartburn, nothing seems to work
I feel sick and bloated
I am having bowel movements alot more than normal
I also have constant headaches that take some shifting.
I'm also constantly tired, don't know whether that is to do with working longer hours though.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be?

DustyTV Wed 06-Aug-08 09:42:26

Could you be PG?

melrose Wed 06-Aug-08 09:42:57

Go to the doctors! Surely you can be off sick from work??

psychomum5 Wed 06-Aug-08 09:45:06

I will trot out the fave from my docs.....

tis a virus!!!

is that helpful???wink.

on a serious note, how long have you felt like this??? to me, it sounds almost allergy/gluten reactiony, but I am no doc, I am just going on how I feel after eating something I react to.

I was like that (altho I also had swelling lips and hives) with my milk allergy......very very tired/headachy/bloated!

Lovemyshoes Wed 06-Aug-08 09:50:36

I very much doubt that I am pg lol.

I can't get into the docs as they are a nightmare and work are funny about me having 10 minutes off to go, but, I think that I may have to go,

I've been feeling like this now for a couple of weeks and don't feel like i'm getting better.

LOL psychomum5, yes, i thought that is what they would say, they put everything down to a virus lol

"Rest and paracetamol Mrslovemyshoes is what I would recommend" Yeh right grin

DustyTV Wed 06-Aug-08 10:05:57

Well maybe you are a bit run down, what with doing extra hours. It can take it out of you more than you think sometimes.

Deffo see a your GP. Hope you feel better soon.

HereComeTheGirls Wed 06-Aug-08 10:06:23

I get this every so often, and its inflamed stomach..Zantac and Peptobismol help me lots with it.

HereComeTheGirls Wed 06-Aug-08 10:07:03

But definitely worth seeing Dr could have H. Pylori infection (the bacteria causing stomach ulcers) which can be treated.

HereComeTheGirls Wed 06-Aug-08 10:15:46

Sorry for the multiple posts, am posting from work and keep getting interrupted.

In the meantime, laying off the coffee, alcohol and spicy foods should help a lot!

emma1977 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:45:05

Your employer can't refuse you time off to see a doctor if you are ill.

lilmissmummy Wed 06-Aug-08 12:21:01

sounds like stress to me but definately worth getting it checked!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: