Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Piles question

(3 Posts)
finallypregnant Wed 06-Aug-08 08:43:51

After being prescribed iron tablets and trying to go to the loo 2 days ago, I now have piles. Was very constipated but managed to go with a little blood.

I have a little lump outside so my question is do I need to see my gp or can I get something over the counter.

Have lactulose which I am taking.

AttillaTheHan Wed 06-Aug-08 08:56:28

You can get plenty of things over the counter. Anusol or Germaloids are good creams or Boots sell Preparation H wet wipes with witch hazel which are also quite good for soothing the area iykwim!

In terms of Iron supplements have you heard of Spatone? Its a bit more gentle on your stomach and causes less constipation for some people.

aliasdictus Sat 09-Aug-08 22:56:24

The lump you describe will probably diminish of it's own accord with time. Of the local treatments I suggest you use an ointment rather than a cream and all of them are the same so go for the cheapest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: