Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Watch those pelvic floor muscles..

(12 Posts)
Hassled Tue 05-Aug-08 20:47:53

...because according to this Guardian article:
"By the age of 80... 11% of all women will have undergone an operation for incontinence or pelvic-organ prolapse (when the womb collapses into the vagina and the bladder or bowel can slip out of place)".

Aside from the hmm aspect to the keeping yourself "honeymoon fresh" stuff (vaginal rejuvenation anyone??), it's interesting in an alarming sort of way.

nickytwotimes Tue 05-Aug-08 20:48:41

read this today too.
I was particularly alarmed by the trampoline warning!

Hassled Tue 05-Aug-08 20:50:17

Sadly I worked out recently that my trampolining days are well and truly over blush.

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 20:50:33

Work those pelvic floors girls

Speaking as one whos PF collapsed, it really makes life nicer if it does it's job

girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 20:52:31

11% sounds pretty low to me- just over 1:10?

Not disagreeing- already had my op at 37!

Hassled Tue 05-Aug-08 20:57:28

I had no idea that PVM collapse was such a common problem - can't have been nice for either of you.

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 20:59:18

I was 35 - & that was after 6yrs of symptoms

ComeOVeneer Tue 05-Aug-08 20:59:51

We should as MN to put some sort of header as a reminder to do our daily excercises!

cocolepew Tue 05-Aug-08 21:00:01

I'm going for my pelvic floor op at the end of the month. Trampoline here I come grin

Habbibu Tue 05-Aug-08 21:02:38

We usually have Broccoli to tell us that, COV - I now have a Pavlovian reaction to seeing her name.

Not a bad idea, COV- I'd support that! I always say I'm going to leave post-it's all over the house commanding me to to clench, but I'd be horrified if anyone found them. grin

girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 21:15:13

You don't have to have PFX on your post-its a dr said write Bananas- anything, as only you know what it means!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now