Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Toe nail fungus -sorry!

(7 Posts)
girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 17:53:50

anyone found a cure?

been using Curanail for ages- got rid of the blighter right down to the last couple of millimetres, then back it came. One big toe only. Almost whole length of mail.

I DO paint my toe nails as without nail varnish it looks awful- though will leave off varnish in winter!

Anyone used a different product and had good results?

grouchyoscar Tue 05-Aug-08 18:04:21

Tea tree oil (neat). It's anti-fungal

Helped with my little toe nails but I forget to use it regularly

girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 18:07:40

I tired that for ages- no effect sad

grouchyoscar Tue 05-Aug-08 18:18:19

hmmmm...see the GP. they may reffer you to a podiatrist/chiropodist

girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 21:17:32

bump- you have all got perfect toe nails then?

(don't suggest going to drs for tablets- you have to take them for months and I am not keen smile

lupo Tue 05-Aug-08 21:43:50

am also using curanail, but only do it once every three weeks because have to paint my toes otherwise looks awful. its a real pita tbh to keep applying the stuff. It also says on the packet it can take up to a year to get rid off!!!!!

MatNanPlus Tue 05-Aug-08 21:46:14

Teatree oil -the proper stuff, applied with a soft tooth brush and a 10 minute soak in Orange Listerine (other colours cause noticable discolouration) 3-4 times a day, bare feet as much as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now