Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I take DS swimming after virus?

(4 Posts)
HolidaysQueen Tue 05-Aug-08 15:57:13

My DS 4mo has been suffering from a virus. He was increasingly unwell last week, and very bad this weekend. Runny nose, sleeping badly, temperature, grumpy, rash etc. He has been much happier in himself yesterday and today and his temperature is back to normal; however he still has his rash.

He has a swimming class tomorrow. I obviously don't want to take him if he is contagious as don't want to put the other babies at risk. Given he still has a rash, does that mean he is still contagious? Or can I assume he is okay now because his temp is normal and he is now back to his cheery self?

Stupidly I forgot to ask the doctor this yesterday when I had him checked out...

nickytwotimes Tue 05-Aug-08 15:58:08

I wouldn't take him personally, nor would I be glad to see another child show up with a rash!

DartmoorMama Tue 05-Aug-08 16:02:21

Maybe leave it till totally well. For him as much as others. Quite easy to pick up other things if you have just been unwell.

HolidaysQueen Tue 05-Aug-08 17:46:39

thanks - you're echoing what i was thinking but just wanted to check i wasn't being a bit precious about him (PFB, first virus etc!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now