Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Best Ear Thermometer?

(6 Posts)
suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 11:29:19

I'm wanting to buy an ear thermometer for use on adults and children. Which is the best one, do you reckon? Amazon has the Braun one for £29 atm, which seems a good price.

suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 12:01:17

lazaroulovesleggings Tue 05-Aug-08 12:02:49

We have the calpol one. It's not cheap but it's very good.

cornflakegirl Tue 05-Aug-08 12:46:47

We have the Braun one. When I bought it (prob three years ago) I read around a bit, and there were lots of doctors recommending it and stuff, so we went with it. Paid around £30.

Having said that - not actually sure how useful they are. You can get different temperatures on repeated uses - probably user error, but I only tend to practice when DS is ill! I'd generally use the kiss test to find out if DS has a temperature...

suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 13:36:39

I want one as part of my anti-malarial armoury in Nigeria as temp is the first thing they ask you when you report in sick. I think I'll go for the Braun one on Amazon. Thanks. smile

emma1977 Tue 05-Aug-08 13:53:50

Braun thermoscan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now