Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh no, not another vax thread!! this time single measles - what adverse effects did your lo experience?

(9 Posts)
ratbunny Tue 05-Aug-08 10:57:20

I have decided to give ds single jabs, as each time her has jabs his eczmea really flares (after the 5 in 1, it flared and got infected for an entire month, nothing would bring it down!), and I thought any reaction would be less severe with fewer diseases in the vaccination iyswim.

I am also concerned about the autism links, of course. I understand its a small subset of childnre etc and that mmr is safe for the majority.

But I am wondering what adverse effects anyones los had from single measles jabs?

ratbunny Thu 07-Aug-08 17:03:50

shameless bump!

also, he has been grizzly all week - off his food, whingy and felt hot (but no thermometer, so dunno if he had a rised temp or not). should I still take him?

[probably unnecessarily worried]

bohemianbint Thu 07-Aug-08 17:05:53

will watch this - am also planning on giving DS singles (for own peace of mind really)...

vonsudenfed Thu 07-Aug-08 17:10:11

DD had no real reaction to single measles - was a bit grumpy afterwards, but then she had been before, as teething!

She had more of a reaction to some of the other standard vaccines (including eczema flare ups) to be honest.

ratbunny Thu 07-Aug-08 17:11:08

vonsudenfed - that is reassuring. ds has always reactd with eczema flares, so its kind of good to hear someone elses did, but was ok with singles measles..

edam Thu 07-Aug-08 17:11:53

None - ds was absolutely fine.

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 09-Aug-08 11:55:09

None here either after any of the 3 seperate jabs and DS has excema.

ratbunny Sat 09-Aug-08 12:55:38

I bottled out! silly woman! but I thought, I havent read into it enough and would be really paranoid, and I need to be confident. The doctor told me, as I was cancelling due to 'illness', that a lot of people cancel up to 3 times and then he tells them to just come in and have it done! I am planning on doing it when I come back from holiday now.

but positive stories are still welcome!!

fuzzywuzzy Sat 09-Aug-08 12:58:54

neither of mine had any reactions to the single jabs, dd1 has mild eczema and the vax didn't make it worse or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now