Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

weeping cut toe - bit icky

(7 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 04-Aug-08 12:07:46

Dropped the pointy end of a rotary drier on my bare foot yesterday - cue much howling!
Later I realised my toes werent just (badly) bruised but they were bleeding and filthy as I'd been gardening.

Today one of the toes is weeping a clear fluid (slightly yellow on the plaster). Its coming from under a flap of skin.

My question is - is it ok to ignore it, is it just in the process of healing?

Please say it is normal cos we go on holiday camping in france in the early hours. I don't have time - have spent all morning ferrying guinea pigs to and from vet (4 mile walk altogether) I need to pack car and clean, get g-pigs to friends house, sort out cats and fish and theres no way I'd get an appt if I needed one this afternoon.

aaargh!

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 04-Aug-08 12:17:32

anyone please? if i'm going to attempt an appt I need to do it soon esp as its a 2 mile trip each way on foot to doctors.

misi Mon 04-Aug-08 12:24:17

the clear yellowy fluid could be your immune system cleaning the wound. it could be the white blood cells rushing to the site of the wound to clean and seal the wound.
depends on how deep and big the flap/wound is as to what else I would suggest to you?

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 04-Aug-08 12:51:14

ok, well managed ti get an appt with nurse practitioner for this afternoon. decided it would be better to have the hassle today rather than the possibilty of trying to find a french doctor in 3 days time with a full blown infection. plus skin infections tend to give me v. severe psoriasis flares.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 04-Aug-08 12:51:56

thanks misi

misi Mon 04-Aug-08 12:56:06

yes, that is best. good luck and happy holiday

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 04-Aug-08 16:14:53

thanks tisn't infected but dh will be glad I went as I shant be asking him every 10 mins if he thinks it might be.....
Got some antiseptic dressings from nurse. She was really nice about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now