Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hypnosis for Morning Sickness?

(3 Posts)
tazemey Fri 11-Feb-05 08:16:21

Hi, I'm trying to find if anyone has tried hypnosis for hyperemisis? I'm one of the unfortunate ones that was severly sick during my first pregnancy, hospitalised 4 times.

Although I said "never again" to having another baby, I don't want an only child. Plus my heart isn't currently listening to my head at the moment anyway!

I'm an expert on all the wives tales (which unfortunately didn't work for me. And I know that they say no pregnancy is the same, but I just want to be prepared!

I have found a lot of hypnosis websites which claim that it works for the condition, and spoken to a registered hypnotherapist who also claims they can help, but I would love to hear if anyone has tried it and if it helped.

morningpaper Fri 11-Feb-05 08:22:45

I've had a friend who is now 6 months and suffering from awful vomiting for the first 20 weeks. She tried reflexology and couldn't believe it when it worked. It stopped her vomiting for a couple of days after each session. She was very sceptical so was very shocked but was desperate to try anything.

Not what you were asking but thought I'd throw it in!

morningpaper Fri 11-Feb-05 09:56:57

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Just remembered it was acupuncture NOT reflexology that worked for my friend.

All those holistic treatments blur into one...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now