Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anybody tried Cranial Sacral Therapy for their child?

(12 Posts)
newscot Fri 11-Feb-05 05:00:50

Has anybody tried this for their child? My DD is 4.7 and has a language disorder (nuerological in origin), soon to be assessed formally. I have read claims that CST can help this sort of thing. Should I be cynical about this or does somebody have some experiences of CST helping their child?

Is it just a load of unsubstantiated hogwash?

newscot Fri 11-Feb-05 11:27:04

bump

outtolunch Fri 11-Feb-05 13:09:10

Do you mean cranial osteopathy?

newscot Fri 11-Feb-05 13:45:34

Yes I do mean cranial osteopathy, or at least I think I do!! It seems to go by a number of names. I gather it involves gentle manipulation of the bone structure of the skull.

outtolunch Fri 11-Feb-05 14:39:42

I took my ds to the oseopathic centre for children (www.occ.uk.com) and i would highly recommend it. I also had a few sessions myself. It is such a subtle manipulation of the body but it does seem to be do something!

newscot Fri 11-Feb-05 16:01:32

outtolunch-what did you get treated if you don't mind me asking?

AuntyQuated Fri 11-Feb-05 16:07:55

my ds has an appointment on thursday; first one and it's for glue ear. ought to be able to tell you more next friday

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 11-Feb-05 16:09:00

Hi Newscot - Just wanted to say that my dd is 5 and a half and she also has a language disoerder.

Unfortunately I have no experience of Cranial but my friend whose son is autistic has tried it and it helped.
I am considering it but have a visit to Bibic where they give you a holistic approach to helping your child so I am waiting until then.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 11-Feb-05 16:09:16

Language disorder even

littlerach Fri 11-Feb-05 16:46:33

We tried cranial osteopathy for DD2 as she would not take milk (breast or bottle) except in very small amounts, so wasn't putting on weight. Yes, it made a difference at the time, and certainly relaxed her, but long term I am not sure if it did. The osteopath was great, and we had 4 sessions, then he told us that that was the most he would do. This reassured me, as I was concerned that he could keep getting us to go back, as it wasn't cheap! I would recommend trying it.

outtolunch Sat 12-Feb-05 22:12:14

Newscot - my ds wasn't feeding very well and was quite irritable and colicy. Did you have a look at the website I gave you?

mamadadawahwah Sun 13-Feb-05 11:19:46

Im glad i found this thread. My son is speech delayed and it has been suggested he attend for "cranial sacral therapy". Its a manipulation of the "fascia" surrounding muscle, particularly around the brain and neck area. dont know much about it would like to know if anyone has tried this particular approach. Dont want to waste my money as its expensive and dont want to waste precious time getting my hopes up either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now