Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any one else got teenage acne now your a mum?

(10 Posts)
Skribble Thu 10-Feb-05 23:14:03

Maybe its hormones, I have constantly got spots on my chin, scars, redmarks, redbulges etc.

Any tips for treatment and prevention. TIA

redsky Fri 11-Feb-05 00:26:24

In my twenties - thought it would disappear with age
Mid thirties - desperate - sought help from a beautician who cleared me up with a combination of galvana(something) (sp) which was a mild electric current thing, and retin(something) cream.
Forties - still get the odd spot occasionally (mostly when stressed out and hormonal)

Skribble Fri 11-Feb-05 00:30:03

Electric shock {grin]!!

nightowl Fri 11-Feb-05 00:59:17

have had them for 14 years now! mainly hormonal i think but once in a while if i go out i dont remember to wash my makeup off and then it starts again. have been told not to use anything too harsh as that would make them worse..maybe just a facewash type thing.

suedonim Fri 11-Feb-05 01:05:03

I had spots after baby no3, which was a pain as I didn't have teenage spots. I went to the Dr, expecting to get told off for being so vain but she was really, really nice. I had a longish course of antibiotics which cleared it up - sometimes home remedies just won't clear the bacteria that's causing the spots.

kama Fri 11-Feb-05 01:30:40

Message withdrawn

redsky Fri 11-Feb-05 11:12:06

Skribble - sounds gruesome eh? It's actually just a very mild tingling sensation - and as I said before it worked!!

nikkim Fri 11-Feb-05 11:28:16

I still get spots although if I am scrupulous about taking off makeup before bed, going make up free for the odd day and scrubs etc I can keep them at bay.
http://www.mankind.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=21441 is good although it is meant for men, have pinched it of dp and it is a miracle worker as is the dermalogica stuff although more pricey.

Lately been broke and have found that good old clearasil has worked too!

snafu Fri 11-Feb-05 11:33:06

I have had one patch of skin that's constantly breaking out since ds was born (20 months ago!!) The only thing that's been working recently is just being scrupulous about cleansing, moisturising, taking makeup off before bed, etc. I have become addicted to Clarins.

I hate it though, because I never had spots as a teenager - now I've got zits and grey hair!

Skribble Sat 12-Feb-05 00:47:42

Tried all the high street stuff only St ives blemish scrub helps a little and Quinoderm cream from boots. I considered getting my ectroylosis (spelling?) on hairy top lip so I could get spots electrocuted as well. What sort of price for that kind of thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now