Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice needed - DD has rash all over

(9 Posts)
Lucyand2 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:25:25

My almost 6 month old DD2 started with a rash yesterday and overnight it has spread all over her body.
Her older sister suffered from a very similar rash last week which I believed to be caused by something I washed their nappies with. DD1's rash went away when I put rewashed all her nappies and put her in disposables for a day but the same approach isn't working for DD2. The rash has spread to her face and seems to be getting worse. She seems fine, still very happy and rolling around, but I'm slightly worried anyway.
Has anyone else had this and can they recommend anything (other than never washing her nappies in that stuff again!) Is it worth a trip to the docs?

sarah293 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:29:07

Message withdrawn

ten10 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:32:30

What sort of rash, is it raised, surface or like little blisters, is it light red, dark red, more than one shade, is she itching?

Are the clothes that she has been wearing also been washed in the same liquid/powder or have they been stored together?

I would probably go to the doctor, just to be on the safe side

MamaGLovesMe Sun 03-Aug-08 19:33:51

Don't assume it is the same thing.

Does the rash fade with the glass test? Has the child got a temp/been sick/hot/clammy, etc

Lucyand2 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:35:18

No temp, the rash started where the nappy touched DD1 and spread outwards from there.
The same has happened with DD2 but it has spread much further and seems more severe.

Lucyand2 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:38:12

Also her clothes have been washed in her normal non-bio stuff and I keep everything in separate airtight containers so they haven't been in contact.
The rash looks very much like prickly heat but is all over her, it isn't raised at all.

ten10 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:43:40

You are obviously worried, so I would go to the doctor to put your mind at rest,
also if it is an alergic reaction and she needs an anti-histimine I believe it will need to be prescribed for her age

ten10 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:46:04

Have you used a different bubble bath?

Lucyand2 Tue 05-Aug-08 09:42:20

Thankyou for everyones help, the rash got worse so I took her into the docs yesterday. They have no idea what it is and just said to come back if it gets worse.
It seems to be fading very slowly but she's still a happy baby so I'm not worried

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now