Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD 7 has got about 40 spots on her any ideas what they could be? she's had chicken pox!

(14 Posts)
alibobins Sun 03-Aug-08 14:19:26

They are big and red on her body arms legs and three on her face.
They have got little heads but not yellow.
Se had chicken pox when she was 18 months and was covered.

FranSanDisco Sun 03-Aug-08 14:21:31

My niece and nephew have spots likes "hives" at the moment which the doctor has attributed to a virus. They aren't unwell at all just spotty. Both have had CP as well.

Mercy Sun 03-Aug-08 14:22:37

Any other symptoms?

Are the spots itchy?

alibobins Sun 03-Aug-08 14:33:40

Not hives i've got a very allergic ds.
No other symptoms apart from being a little madamgrin
They look very sore but only mentions them every so often.
They started yesterday and have got worse today.

candyfluff Sun 03-Aug-08 15:56:17

how about mollescum not sure thats the right spelling but my friends little girl has these and they are harmless. why dont you goggle it to check

alibobins Sun 03-Aug-08 16:01:30

Just googled it and they don't look like themsad
To be honest they look like bites but no one else in the family has got them and they are not itching her that much.
Can you get that many bites in one go?
We haven't got any pets.
I'm going to take her to the chemist in the morning.

4andnotout Sun 03-Aug-08 16:02:37

My dd's had a similar sounding rash when they had a virus recently, they had already had chicken pox too, but it looked very similar.

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 03-Aug-08 16:14:37

ds2 had this when he had a virus a few months ago. I took him to the doctor and was given antibiotics (as he also had an ear infection). The antibiotics cleared them up.

alibobins Mon 04-Aug-08 22:18:59

Been to GP as they are still their as soon as he saw them he said it was chicken pox then changed his mind because apparently you can't get chicken pox twice hmm
Anyway he then settled on it being a virus with some infected spots but said dd should be able to fight it off without abs.

Bluestocking Mon 04-Aug-08 22:44:03

How odd - my DS has a crop of about 15-20 spots in a cluster under his right arm and down his side. My GP friend said she thought they might be molluscum but having googled I don't think they are - they aren't lumpy. I will show them to the pharmacist in the next day or two and tell you what I find out!

jetgirl Mon 04-Aug-08 22:47:42

Do they look like targets? DD had some which the doctor said was erythema multiforme, which clears itself up after a while. She had it when she was a baby as a result of a cold. The doctors thought it was just her body's way of reacting to the cold virus. She got it again when she had chickenpox. They weren't itchy, and she wasn't fussed by them at all.

alibobins Tue 05-Aug-08 10:37:12

They are red raised lumps like bites but some are a bit smaller they have got slight crust in the middle.
She hasn't been bothered by them.
I suppose it just one of the many unexplained things children get.smile

Twinkie1 Tue 05-Aug-08 10:40:10

My DS has just had this - we were told by nursery, doctor and chemist that it was chicken pox although he had bad chicken pox a few years ago - they have just cleared of their own accord, didn't blister and scab over which they would have done if they were chicken pox and he wasn't unhappy or ill in any other way with them - must be something doing the rounds at the moment.

reallyannoyednow Tue 05-Aug-08 10:46:29

my lo had these. she was allergic to midge bites. Got her liquid Zirtek at the chemist and cleared up within a day! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now